The WNMT is an AM radio station in Minnesota that broadcasts at a frequency of 650 AM. The call sign meaning of WNMT is W Northern Minnesota Talk (WNMT) mostly referred with the slogan “Northern Minnesota talk”.
WNMT radio station is commonly used for:
- News. The station is associated with BBC news which provides the latest news local, state, national and international news.
- Commercials. The radio offers businessmen and entrepreneurs a chance to advertise and market their products and services. For instance, the show “money talk with Bob Brinker” which runs on Sundays from 3 pm to 6 pm will give you the best financial advice
- Community events.
- general talk
This radio station is currently owned by Duey E. Wright Midwest communications Inc. It broadcasts with a power of ten thousand watts that provides good coverage in northeastern Minnesota during the day. At night, it uses one thousand watts and the coverage is disrupted so that it does not reach the south of the iron range to allow other stations using the same frequency such as, Nashville, and Tennessee
WNMT radio station is located in Nashwauk city, Hibbing area in Minnesota commonly known as the iron range.
HISTORY OF WNMT
WNMT radio station was first on-air in the year 1968 where it first announced the assassination of presidential contender Robert f. Kennedy. Initially, WNMT was known as WKKQ commonly called the “super q”. WKKQ run from 1975 to 1998. The station switched to 650 AM in the mid-1980s.
The station has programs that cover your finances, social life, pets, home care, love, and sports.
The WNMT contains shows like:
- The travel show which runs from 11 am to 1 pm it deals with matters of travel. Expands the listener’s views of travel.
- Coast to coast every weekday at 4 am. The show talks about the unexplainable phenomena and strange occurrences.
- America in the Morning weekdays 4 am- 5 am is a news program. It offers the overnight and latest breaking news in the nation and across the globe. It has a slogan “because news doesn’t stop when you are sleeping”. For the latest news, the show offers a good start of the day.
- Doug Stephans good day weekdays 5 am- 8 am. The show deals with what affects us daily such as entertainment, relationships, and health and lifestyle issues.
- The Glenn Beck program weekdays 8 am- 11 am it is the third highest-rated national radio talk
- Free talk weekdays 9 pm to midnight
This coverage gives listeners the best national talk programs.